Pandemic-Related Requirements and Protocols
2022 CMS Conference Pandemic-Related Requirements and Protocols
To protect the health and safety of attendees and support personnel at the January 2022 Composites, Materials, and Structures (CMS) Conference, the US Advanced Ceramics Association (USACA) is implementing the following COVID-19 requirements and protocols. Please recognize that USACA may need to make changes to these requirements and protocols depending on a number of factors, including Federal, state and local health laws, ordinances, emergency declarations and/or guidelines, Radisson conference hotel policies, and other developments related to the pandemic. So please be sure to check back for updates to these Pandemic Requirements and Protocols prior to traveling to Cocoa Beach in January.
- To register, the registrant must either (i) check the box on the registration website representing that he/she will be fully vaccinated1 as of the time he/she checks in at the conference, OR (ii) check the box on the registration website indicating that he/she intends to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test2 on-site at check in.
- Only individuals who are either (i) fully vaccinated or (ii) have tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to checking in at the registration desk will be issued a conference badge and admitted to any session of the conference and/or the Expo on Monday and Tuesday evening. To the extent permitted by applicable federal, state and local law, you may be asked to show documentary proof of full vaccination at on-site check in, in which case a vaccination card or a photo thereof would be acceptable.
- Masks shall be worn at all times in the conference center for sessions and break times, in the Expo pavilion, and in the side meeting rooms and session rooms throughout the Radisson and Spring Hill Suites hotel complex.
- Social distancing is strongly encouraged during the conference at all times. Seating in the session rooms will be organized to enable social distancing. Attendees are encouraged to make use of the ample outside gathering spaces at the Radisson.
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available during the conference and the hotel will be using enhanced cleaning protocols for rooms and surfaces.
- You must refrain from attending the conference if you are feeling sick with flu-like symptoms,3 have been in contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19, or are under self-quarantine orders.
1 An individual is considered "fully vaccinated" 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca), or 14 days after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson, Janssen), whether or not the individual has received a "booster" shot, even where recommended per CDC guidelines.
2 Acceptable negative COVID-19 tests include Rapid Antigen, Rapid PCR, and Regular PCR tests. Proof of antibodies will not be accepted. Please note that there will be no COVID testing available on site at the conference, and COVID testing is the financial responsibility of the attendee.
- Flu-like symptoms include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell.