Sr. Engineering Manager, Materials
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission, whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Job Summary - Sr. Engineering Manager, Materials
As a strategic member of the leadership team at COIC Ceramics, Inc. (COIC), an affiliate of Orbital ATK, the Sr. Engineering Manager is responsible for enhancing product design, analysis and testing, while standardizing methods that support the organization and its objectives. COIC is seeking a creative person who will implement, improve and maintain sound engineering processes using communication, lean strategies and tactics in order to satisfy the customer and business needs. The Engineering Manager will contribute to the development of annual and/or long-term objectives for the organization, and delegate these objectives to the Engineering team. For all objectives, the candidate will be responsible for resource management and prioritization to provide prompt response and resolution to meet all goals and objectives, in collaboration with Engineering teams and other functional managers. With customer relationships as a focus, dedication to meeting expectations of both internal and external customers in addition to the ability to engage with potential new customers in a variety of environments (conferences, shows, etc.) will be paramount. The Engineering Manager must have a combination of industry knowledge, leadership skills, management expertise and in-depth knowledge of the design engineering process.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Prioritize and achieve internal research and development (IRAD) project objectives. Communicate, manage and achieve site tactical and strategic Engineering goals
- Accountable for meeting the Engineering safety, quality, delivery and cost expectations, from proposal to final customer delivery, of internal and external customers within entire product value streams. Ensures plans are developed and executed to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Manage Engineering rate and deploy engineering resources to meet customer demands. Manage department priorities.
- Continuously improve Engineering Daily Management, process standards and risk management. Create, maintain and improve standards for all engineering drawings, specifications and design for manufacturability.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Master Scheduling, Product Value Stream Leaders and Business Support Functions (Program Managers, Finance, Contracts, HR, etc), including proposal support, to achieve product and site goals via sharing of resources, tools, equipment, processes, etc.
- Provide Engineering leadership and owns employee development and mentoring and performance management.
- Developing & executing contract research and development programs.
- Achieve compliance and support maintaining certifications for AS9100.Required Competencies
- Passion and relentless drive for achieving results
- Leading, building and managing strong teams
- Problem solving and continuous improvement
- Broad technical experience within product value streams
- Risk management (identification and mitigation)
- 10 years Composite processing experience strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years aircraft manufacturing experience – product insertion and certification
- Development of Engineering process standards focused on product value stream requirements
- Engineering BS Degree required. Material Science, Ceramics, or Mechanical Engineering-MS degree preferred
- Experience - minimum 15 years with BS, 10 years with MS
- Proven track record of managing direct reports of various levels and disciplines
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, listening
- Strong knowledge in engineering systems and processes such as Catia, Smart Team, GD&T,NX, Team Center
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security ClearanceWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
- COIC Ceramics is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!