Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Your Role: FMI is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with a drive for success to add to thier Engineering team! This new role is responsible for support of current production systems and future improvements in safety, quality, cost, and cycle time. Coordinate and direct projects, make detailed plans to accomplish goals, and direct the integration of technical activities such as process improvements, equipment installation/modification, and material system development.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Lead projects to enhance the company’s technical capabilities
- Develop, implement, and sustain policies and procedures for the technical work performed in the production facility
- Implement transformational process improvements using Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Provide technical support for 7x24 manufacturing facility in assigned areas of responsibility
- Perform root cause analysis for failure investigations and other data analysis tasks
- Write periodic reports or oral presentations to management and customers on specific projects
- Design and develop new equipment for future production systems
- Ensure that health and safety policies are followed
- Apply quality standards to projects to ensure compliance with certification requirements in plant applications
- Work with customers to develop and qualify process changes and provide technical services