Senior Ceramic Engineer
Job No: 499232
Work Type: Staff Full Time (1500 hours or greater)
Location: Dayton, OH
Category: Research Staff
Department: Adv High Temp Materials - 250341
Pay Grade: R3 - Exempt
The University of Dayton Research Institute (UDRI) is a national leader in scientific and engineering research, serving government, industry, and nonprofit customers. UDRI is ranked first in the nation among all colleges and universities for sponsored materials research, according to the National Science Foundation. We employ people with a passion for innovation and reward that passion with the freedom to grow their research interests and careers. Because our research is externally funded, UDRI operates like a business while remaining part of a private doctoral university. As a result, our researchers can collaborate with recognized peers throughout UDRI, UD faculty and students, and researchers at our sponsor and partner locations.
|Minimum Qualifications:||- Masters in Materials Science/Engineering, Ceramic Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of seven years of directly related experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in materials science fundamentals, including ceramic and refractory materials, glasses, phase transformations, and structure.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analysis.
- Experience in managing a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivation with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a “soft money” research environment.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills necessary to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Due to the nature of this position, U.S citizenship or permanent residency is required.
While not everyone may possess all of the preferred qualifications, the ideal candidate will
- Managing an ISO 9001 certified testing laboratory to include equipment maintenance and budgets.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus community. As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against minorities, women, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, or on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.