Pratt & Whitney: Associate Director, Ceramic Matrix Composite Development Group
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Associate Director, Ceramic Matrix Composite Development Group in East Hartford, CT.
Would you like to be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to craft the future of aviation? Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As a part of our team you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow’s solutions.
As a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, we strive to find dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
As the leader of the Ceramic Matrix Composite (CMC) Development Group, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers and technicians tasked with developing ceramic matrix composite and coatings for use in aero gas turbine engines. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Setting technical direction, budget and schedule of all programs and coordinating development activities with Hot Section Engineering Integrated Product Teams
- Contributing to the development of a corporate CMC application strategy that spans development to production transition.
- Working with internal and external customers to secure program funding aligned with the execution of our material development technology strategy
- Meeting all Environmental Health & Safety and Preventative Maintenance requirements for CMC associated development laboratories; and
- Proposing and executing capital improvements for the laboratories under your direction and driving ACE and Engineering Standard Work improvement activities
- 20% Travel
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Material Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- 10+ years’ experience Ceramic Matrix Composite Development
- US Citizen due to program requirements
- The ability to obtain a US Government Secret Clearance
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Material Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry with
- 8+ years’ experience in Ceramic Matrix Composite Development
- US Government Secret Clearance
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- The ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communication
The final Grade/Level for this position will be based on Qualifications and Experience.
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Apply Here: https://globalhr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/REC_UTC_Ext_Gateway/login?redirect=%2FREC_UTC_Ext_Gateway%2Fjob%2FPW100-East-Hartford-400-Main-Street-East-Hartford-CT-06118-USA%2FAssociate-Director--Ceramic-Matrix-Composite-Development-Group_01285664%2Fapply
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.