Want to work somewhere with true growth opportunity? With the ability to truly impact the work environment?
Come work with us.
Who is FMI? A recognized leader in the manufacture of high-temp composite materials. FMI produces components and products that serve a range of applications from industrial insulation and friction hardware, to thermal protection systems (TPS), rocket motors & nose tips. We supply government agencies, prime contractors, and industry and are growing at a rapid rate.
We invest in our employees. And believe that living and working in a stable, safe environment is key to career success.
Why Biddeford, Maine? It's gorgeous, an outdoor coastal and mountain paradise! And it's so close to the bustling coastal cities of Portland, ME & Portsmouth NH, and within 2 hours of Boston.
Your Role: The Manufacturing Engineer optimizes, troubleshoots, and monitors custom designed electro-mechanical production equipment in the high temperature composites field. Candidate will provide day to day manufacturing support for new and existing production equipment. This includes equipment design & development including configuration control, drafting, and production process definition. Equipment troubleshooting, methods and standards development, and all applicable documentation will be required. This is a multi-functional role that integrates product design, equipment capabilities with employee interaction. A high level of integration is required, and continuous process and product improvement is expected.
Essential Job Functions:
- Improve manufacturing efficiency, production yield, product quality and reduce equipment downtime through data driven production improvements resulting in equipment design modifications and enhancements.
- Improve and document assembly and production methods, to codify best practices.
- Use statistical tools and Design of Experiments (DOE) in process problem-solving and process improvement
- Responsible for process verification and validation
- Analyze and document test results for development and pilot production runs
- Responsible for manufacturing tooling setup and upgrades
- Engineering support which includes vendor contact and auditing specifications
- Provide design support for the next generation of custom production machines
- Assists in special projects as needed
- Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods and work force utilization
- Determines the parts, equipment, tools and processes needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications
- Conducts time and cost analysis of processes
- Expected to participate in Lean Six Sigma activities and to follow all safety procedures and maintain a safe work environment
What we need from you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
- 5 plus years of related experience
- Demonstrate results in technical problem solving, root cause analysis, product and process development in a multidisciplined engineering environment
- Experienced with solid parametric modeling in SolidWorks or equivalent CAD software
- Experienced with drafting using geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Experience with electro-mechanical and pneumatic manufacturing equipment and design
- Ability to write process procedures or instructions
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to learn multiple and diverse processes and procedures
- Ability to read, interpret and execute technical instructions, procedures, drawings, manuals, work orders and travelers, as well as document applied processes
- Familiarity with use of hand tools and capability to support multiple processes and tasks using various equipment
- Experience in aerospace, high-temperature composites industry, or composites design, preferred
- PLC programming or related electrical controls experience, preferred
What you get from us!
- Accrued Paid Time Off + 8 paid holidays (effective on date of hire)
- Medical, Vision and Dental (effective on date of hire)
- 401k for retirement savings with added company match (effective on date of hire)
- Tuition reimbursement - set yourself up for future growth!
And the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of materials science…
|EOE Statement||We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.|