Job Description Summary
The Manufacturing Process Analytics Engineer will be responsible for the application of data analytics to understanding microstructure-process-property relationships to ceramic processes used in production of aircraft engine components. In this role, you will work in a cross-functional team environment consisting of materials, manufacturing, design, and information technologies to impact component producibility as well as process maturation and industrialization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead cross-functional teams in application of data analytics to characterize and improve manufacturing methods
- Establish a digital thread for new manufacturing methods in collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Lead statistical analysis and application of data science of large material and manufacturing data sets to identify key process characteristics and solve problems
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced team members
- Maintain an active role in developing and defining the state of the art in own technical specialty to anticipate, apply, adapt or develop technologies for product introduction, quality, performance, cost improvements and problem resolution in meeting current and future business needs including adherence to schedules and estimated costs
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers, including travel to suppliers or customers as needed; Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with policies and procedures
- Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical and program requirements, schedules and contract commitments
- Uses judgment and technical expertise to formulate and implement plans, make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems; Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Master’s degree in engineering or data science from an accredited university or college with at least 6 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work in-person ~50% of the time with ability to travel between local sites
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No