Job Description Summary
As a Lead Engineer in Ceramic Process Development, you will use your ceramic material and processing expertise to maturate innovative ceramic processes for casting of next generation engine components. Working cross-functionally with design, manufacturing, and quality engineering, you will develop new ceramic processes and materials, partner on production scaling and readiness and mature methods of process control.
Roles and Responsibilities
Apply expertise of ceramic engineering processing and properties to support the manufacture and design of cast aircraft engine components
Execute project deliverables both independently and as part of a team through recommending and evaluating material and process improvements, preparation of test plans for material and process evaluations and analysis of results among other materials engineering support activities.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal team and partnering organizations
- Document, analyze, and communicate results of technical data generated consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Apply working group best practices using understanding of how the team's work integrates with other teams and impacts key business drivers
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead projects with low resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college majoring in materials or ceramic engineering or other related discipline with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience OR Master's degree in materials or ceramic engineering
- Ability to work on-site 75% of the time
- Ability to handle US Export Controlled information (US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Ph.D in Materials or Ceramic Engineering
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Established project management skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes