Your Role: FMI is seeking a detail oriented and hands on Engineering Technician to add to their Manufacturing Engineering team. The Engineering Technician is responsible for supporting the performance of various processes and evaluations through equipment operation and physical handling of materials. Includes but is not limited to processing, inspection of materials and acquisition of data to support process documentation and engineering evaluation.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Support multiple manufacturing operations and some development processes
- Maintain process records, lab books, operate recording equipment, etc.
- Work with maintenance team to trouble shoot equipment issues
- Participate in root cause analysis (RCA) investigations as part of a team
- Drive continuous improvement projects in the factory
- Must be capable of following technical direction and communicating results
- Must be capable of following all safety practices for handling materials and operating processes
- Must be aware of potential hazards and apply proper care and consideration
- Some computer skills are required, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be able to write basic process procedures or instructions
- Use of various form of PPE will be required from time to time; cartridge respirator, goggles, visors, gloves, aprons, Tyvek suits, etc.