The U.S. Advanced Ceramics Association (USACA) represents suppliers of advanced ceramic materials for aerospace propulsion, power generation, armor systems, hypersonic structures, and other high-temperature and high-performance applications. The Association is seeking interns to assist with association operations including attending Congressional hearings and conferences in the Washington area related to advanced materials, writing articles for association newsletters, analyzing federal programs related to advanced materials, and responding to information requests from association members. A stipend is available with thisinternship. Internships are planned to be approximately 8 to 12 weeks in duration and will run throughout the year, with hours generally being 9-6, Monday through Friday. Part-time or full-time options are available for this internship.
Qualifications: We seek highly motivated undergraduates in the Engineering and/or Political Science departments at the Junior and/or Senior level with strong academic track records (min 3.0 major GPA), excellent writing skills, and interest in working in the ceramics and/or government affairs industries upon graduation. Computer skills (MS Office) are a must.
The USACA Internship will provide the following opportunities:
- Tracking federal legislation and materials development programs
- Attending Congressional hearings
- Writing research memos and press releases
- Creating presentation materials
- Participating in ceramics industry meetings and events
- Interacting with federal program managers from the Department of Energy, Department of Defense, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and National Science Foundation.
How to apply: mail, fax or email resume, two references, and cover letter to:
Subject Reference: Intern, USACA/SMI
1020 19th St. NW Suite #375
Washington DC 20036
Email: [email protected]