17th DoD Electromagnetic Windows Symposium
May 12-13, 2020
University of Delaware, Clayton Hall Conference Center
100 David Hollowell Drive, Newark, Delaware
EMWS Call For Abstracts
The 17th Department of Defense (DoD) Electromagnetic Windows Symposium (EMWS) supports the unique mission of DoD and the Services in the area of electro-optic and radar window and dome materials and design. It brings together members of an interdisciplinary community across government, industry and academic institutions to:
- Increase awareness around the Department of Defense's objectives, initiatives and opportunities in the area of electromagnetic windows
- Present electromagnetic window technical challenges, discuss possible solutions and find
- Learn and share feedback on basic research, new ideas and innovations
The 17th DoD EMW Symposium will be held on 12 May through 13 May 2020 at the University of Delaware, Clayton Hall Conference Center, Newark, Delaware. A hotel room block will be available at the at the Courtyard Marriott Newark, University of Delaware.
Abstracts are solicited in the following topic areas covering the latest developments in state-of-the-art materials, processes, and applications for aircraft, missiles, land vehicles and ships:
- Laser windows and active laser materials for applications such as directed energy, communications, LIDAR, etc.
- High Speed (Hypersonic) Electromagnetic Aperture Materials, Coatings, and Design
- Sensor window materials for stationary applications, including sensor windows for static
- Infrared/Multimode, Radio Frequency Transmission
- Materials Fabrication, Characterization, and Performance (greater focus on additive manufacturing for 2020)
- Optical Fabrication and Metrology, Including Conformal Windows and Domes
Abstract Submission Opens: November 12, 2019
Abstract Submission Deadline Extended: January 8, 2020
Author Notification Date Extended: January 31, 2020
Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: April 12, 2020
Presentation Submission Deadline: May 12-13, 2020 Day of Presentation
The EMW Symposium is an ITAR meeting. However, to expedite transmission and review of abstracts, please DO NOT include ITAR restricted information in your abstract submission. If you need to include ITAR and/or other sensitive information in your abstract, please contact the Symposium Chair, Victoria Blair, U.S. Army Research Laboratory to submit the abstract using encrypted or other secure means. Non-ITAR abstracts should be submitted through the EMW Symposium website link below or by email to [email protected].
The EMW Symposium Proceedings will include extended abstracts along with the presentations used during the Symposium. Your extended abstract should be less than two pages long and may include information subject to ITAR restrictions. The proceedings will be distributed in electronic form to attendees and to the Defense Technical Information Center for archiving. Extended abstracts cleared for release at the Symposium are due on April 12, 2020.
The Distribution Statement that you may use on your extended abstract and presentation will be either A - Public Release, or C - U.S. Government Agencies and their contractors. Statement D (DoD and DoD contractors) is not allowed. Further information about Distribution Statements for technical documents is available via the following link (incorporates changes as of November 1, 2017):
For technical questions and programmatic details please contact:
Victoria Blair, Symposium Chair, 410-306-4947, [email protected]
Doug Freitag, USACA Technical Director, 410-997-3923, [email protected]